Forklift/Spider Operator in Early Branch, SC
Forklift/Spider Operators needed in Early Branch, SC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using a forklift, other power equipment. Maintain equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods and OSHA standards.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers, or containers.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances.
- Follow appropriate procedures to guarantee that right inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories and or cycle counts.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with OSHA and other applicable standards. Report issues and problems to Management.
- Coordinate as necessary with all other areas/functions, especially other shifts.
- May help with pick and pack, light assembly and record storage. Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed.
- Will support and abide by the company s safety program and all safety initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Must have at least 2 years distribution experience.
- Must have steel toed boots.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds continuously.
- Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math and write legibly.
- Must also be capable of sitting, standing and walking for extended periods (at least two hours straight, four times in an 8-hour day).
- Must be able to twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis.