Installed equipment used to modify elevator guide rails and flats:
CNC machines - 2
Drill presses 4
Mills 3 with 4 heads
- Rails are in sizes up to 16 feet and 5 meters long and bundles can weight up to a ton. These rails are modified via sawing and machining to meet customer requirements.
- A wire rope system is used to prepare wire rope for shipments according to customer specs. Wire ropes are used to lift elevators.
- Elevator guide rails are unloaded from containers and flatbed trucks. Elevator guide rails are warehoused until they are modified or packaged for shipment. Elevator guide rails are loaded onto flatbed trucks, box trucks and some smaller transport trailers. Rails are moved by overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Kits of hardware and accessories are packaged in crates or placed on pallets for shipment. Crates are produced at the plant with pre-cut purchased wood. Electrical and pneumatic tools are used in these operations including nail guns, wood saws and hand tools. All materials are barcoded for shipment.
Qualfied candidates must meet the following requirements:
- HS Diploma or GED
- Preference is given to those who have Technical College training and work experience in operating machines listed above
- Able to read and follow work instructions
- Able to take measurements in English and Metric Units
- Able to apply mathematics in simple calculations
- Capable of filling out production paperwork accurately and consistently
- Basic knowledge of machine shop techniques and operations
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed