Wood Shop Assistant/Making Doors
Interior/Exterior Door Shop Assistants needed in the Sandy Run, SC area:
Note: Please register under the Orangeburg branch in order to be considered for this position when applying.
General Summary: Assist with the processes and procedures needed to assemble and build interior and exterior residential door units and other related products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply casing on units using pneumatic staple and nail guns
- Cut and miter casing on casing saw
- Cut materials using table and chop saw (read measuring tape)
- Use cordless and pneumatic screwdrivers to apply hinges.
- Lift 60 lbs.
- Rout and staple jambs
- Learning use of door shop machinery including KVAL 990-F3, KVAL Commander, KVAL Acrobat, Full House 3001, Kval 700 assembler, KVAL 960-3 striker
- Carpentry Skills are a must
- Heavy lifting: Must be able to lift 60+ lbs. Continuously
- Some machine operation helpful
- Basic math and measurement skills required
- Excellent attendance and punctuality are required for this job